Here in Texas, there is a ton of rosemary that grows like a weed year-round. Rosemary is a hearty herb and adds a fun taste and texture to salads. Just make sure to chop it very finely, and don’t use too much.
Crunchy Rosemary Salad
- Bowl of baby mixed greens
- Handful of tarragon leaves, finely chopped
- Handful of rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 tbsp hempseed
- 2 tbsp almond oil
- 4-5 raw crackers, broken into bits
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Combine the mixed greens, tarragon, and rosemary in a salad bowl and toss.
- Add the lime juice, hempseed, and almond oil, and toss again.
- Season with sea salt to taste. Add crackers and toss gently.
- Arrange a layer of avocado slices over the top and enjoy!
- TIME SAVER: If you don’t have time to dehydrate your own cacklers, there are a number of brands that have started making wonderful raw crackers – including Two Moms in the Raw.