One of my favorite summer treats is freshly made raw gazpacho. I love grabbing all the ingredients from a summer farmers market and blending up a big batch to enjoy over the course of several days. It hardly takes any time to prepare, and it’s even better the next day-stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator overnight. Enjoy!
- 1 yellow bell pepper (yellow capsicum)
- Handful of basil (6 to 7 leaves)
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 white (sweet) onion, cut into quarters
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup (235 ml) water
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 4 to 5 ripe tomatoes, cut in halves or quarters
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients except tomatoes in a high-speed blender or Vitamix and blend on chopped setting.
- Add tomatoes and pulse until desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.