This is one of our favorite salads as the summer fades into fall. Feel free to get creative with the recipe and swap out the nuts and herbs you may have on hand to give it a different twist. You should be having fun with your food!
Fall Fennel Salad
- Bowl of baby mixed greens
- 1/2 fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomato, halved
- Handful of tarragon, finely chopped
- Handful of basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tsp almond oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 avocado thinly sliced
- Combine the mixed greens, tarragon, fennel, tomatoes, and basil in a large bowl. Toss gently
- Add the pine nuts, lemon juice, and almond oil to combine.
- Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Layer the avocado slices over the top of the salad and enjoy!
- TIME SAVER: If you’re trying to save time, most grocery stores now carry containers of pre washed mixed baby greens. One of our favorite brands is called Organic Girls.