Heavenly herb salad is a favorite of our founder, Shauna Martin. It’s like a comfort food! The mixture of avocado and almonds makes it hearty and filling. But for her, the essence of a salad is in its herbs, and this one has all three of her favorites: mint, basil, and cilantro. Perfect for a chilly fall evening!
- Bowl of mixed baby greens (such as red and green romaine [cos])
- Handful of mint (6 to 7 leaves), finely chopped
- Handful of basil (6 to 7 leaves), finely chopped
- Handful of cilantro (coriander) leaves (from 5 to 6 stems), finely chopped
- 1 small avocado or 1/2 large avocado, diced
- 1 tbsp dried currants
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped almonds
- 1 tbsp almond oil
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Sea salt, to taste
- Combine the mixed greens, mint, basil, and cilantro in a salad bowl and toss.
- Add the avocado, currants, almonds, almond oil, agave nectar, and lime juice, and toss gently.
- Season with salt to taste, and enjoy!