Time for some delicious raw soup! Our founder, Shauna Martin, was determined to re-create the wonderful flavors of her autumn butternut squash with spinach in the form a raw soup. If you’ve been using a Vitamix, you should now be deeply in love. It’s a fantastic tool for making soups. If you don’t have one, use a high-speed blender. With the weather getting colder, you may want a little something warm in your tummy, you may heat the soup a bit on the stove without cooking away all the nutrients. The raw food temperature limit is 115 degrees. Enjoy!
- 1/2 small butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 medium avocado or 1 small avocado
- 1 cup (235ml) filtered water
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Handful of dried cranberries (for garnish)
- Combine the butternut squash, avocado meat, water, olive oil, maple syrup, and garlic in a high-speed blender or Vitamix.
- Blend on High until smooth, adding more water as needed until it reaches desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If you would like a warm soup while keeping it raw, pour into a saucepan on the stove and heat over the lowest possible temperature. Stir constantly until the soup is warm to the touch, and remove immediately. Ladle into a bowl and garnish with pepper and dried cranberries.