After working 7-days-a-week, it’s time to give your digestive system a much-needed break! By cleansing your body, you are detoxing your intestines and rejuvenating your mind. The intestinal tract is commonly called our “second brain”, containing all the same tools as the brain (e.g. a sophisticated, nearly self-contained network of neural circuity, neurotransmitters and proteins).
It’s important to start preparing your body the week before you cleanse. Switch from coffee to black or green tea, drink green smoothies for breakfast and begin limiting the amount of grains and meats you eat for dinner. Below you will find a suggested green smoothie recipe. We hope you can join us for a Holiday Cleanse now through December 24th! Cheers to a wonderful Holiday Cleanse!
Creamy Avocado Smoothie
- Big handful of spinach (2/3 bunch)
- 1/2 large avocado or 1 small avocado
- 1/2 banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup (235 ml) filtered water (or coconut water if desired)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Wash the spinach.
- Remove the meat from the avocado.
- Add all ingredients to your high-speed blender or Vitamix, and blend on High until smooth and creamy.
- Add more water if needed to obtain desired consistency for drinking.