Raw Salsa & Veggies
Spice up your Super Bowl party with some raw salsa and veggies! Raw salsa is easy to make in a high-speed blender or a Vitamix. Once you have the basics down, try adding interesting ingredients, like pineapple, or substituting tomatillos for the roma tomatoes.
- 1/2 white (sweet) onion, roughly chopped
- 1/4 bunch of cilantro (coriander), leaves only
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and roughly chopped
- 4 roma tomatoes, quartered
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
Veggies for dipping
- 1/2 cup (60g) carrot sticks
- 1/2 cup (50g) celery sticks
- 1/2 (45g) sliced red bell pepper (red capsicum)
- Combine the onion, cilantro, garlic, and jalapeno in a high-speed blender or Vitamix, and run on high until minced.
- Add tomatoes and lime juice and pulse it until it reaches desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dip the carrots, celery, and red peppers in the salsa, and enjoy!