Our Founder, Shauna Martin, loves romaine wraps because they are simply so quick and easy to make. You can put all kinds of fun things into a romaine leaf, roll it up, and replicate the flavors of your favorite sandwich, taco or wrap. She prefers using prewashed heart of romaine, which does not include the outside dark green leaves that tend to be stronger in flavor and a bit bitter. The leaves at the heart are juicier and sweeter-making them ideal for these scrumptious wraps.
- 5 to 6 heart of romaine (cos) leaves
- 3 tbsp raw almond butter
- 1 tsp raw agave nectar
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced or shredded
- 2 medium celery stalks, thinly sliced or shredded
- Arrange the romaine leaves on a plate and spread 1/2 tablespoon of almond butter on the inside of each leaf.
- Drizzle agave nectar over the almond butter.
- Distribute veggies evenly onto each leaf.
- To eat, wrap the sides of each leaf inward to cover the filling, and enjoy!