A popular pastime among our friends and family is sushi night. Several of us converge on a house and make an evening of it. As the resident vegan, I am charged with making all the vegetable sushi, and this recipe has become a crowd favorite.
- 2 to 3 nori seaweed sheets
- 1 Fuji apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced or shredded
- Handful of basil leaves (6 to 7 leaves)
- Raw agave nectar, for drizzling
- Sea salt, to taste
- Cut the nori sheets into thirds with kitchen scissors and place on a cutting board with the shiny side down.
- Distribute apple, avocado, and carrot evenly onto each nori sheet.
- Add a bit of ripped basil leaf onto each sheet and follow with a drizzle or raw agave nectar.
- Season with a touch of salt to taste.
- Wet the edge of one nori sheet and roll up tightly. Repeat with remaining sheets, and serve.