This is such a simple salad, but it really hits the spot on a hot summer day. I love anything that combines my two favorite veggies: avocado and tomatoes.
- Bowl of super greens (spinach, kale, arugula [rocket], watercress (stems removed), Swiss chard, mache, and tatsoi)
- 1/2 cup (75g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small avocado, cubed
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine super greens with tomatoes and avocado in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the olive oil and apple cider vinegar in a separate bowl, then season wtih salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently.
Summer might seem like an odd time to cleanse since we’re naturally more active in this season, but barbecues and trips to the beach can mean a big increase in consumption of animal proteins- and a big drop in your energy levels! So if you’ve got an upcoming vacation or wedding that you’d like to look and feel your best for, the 4-day cleanse is the best way to jump-start your progress. Try out our Summer Morning Green Juice to kick your summer off right!
- 1 cucumber
- 1 to 2 collard green (or kale) leaves
- Handful of mint (3 to 4 leaves)
- 1 1/2 cups (230g) watermelon chunks
- Wash the cucumber, collard green leaves, and mint.
- Run all ingredients through your juicer, scrape off foam (if desired), and enjoy!